I live in Davidson and run my family’s trucking company that runs throughout the Southeast and was growing up until the national economy turned anemic. I went to Wilmington in ‘96 and was back and forth during college taking care of the business during my dad’s numerous stints facing off with death. I met my wife JoAnn at UNC-Wilmington in 1998, started dating in ‘01 and married in ‘04. We were separated for over a year, but are fine now. Just perfect.
We’ve been really wrestling things out in counseling and have finally started figuring out who we’re married to. For one, I get bored easily and my wife needs a flock of friends. Also, I need Jesus. If I don’t get a good fill of Him on a regular basis, I get squirrely.
I have great friends and have found that the friends I keep around or try to attract are ones that make me laugh. They all have completely different senses of humor and rightly so. If they were all the same…..I’d get bored.
I’m on the verge of wanting little versions of me around.
Jo and I are involved in a small group with our church, The Cove, in Mooresville. I’ve also returned to playing guitar and singing with the worship band after a 7 year layoff.
That’s where I am.
- Get some, Mookie! #RedSox 2 days ago
- RT @historylvrsclub: Colorized image of the Golden Gate Bridge under construction, ~1934 https://t.co/tBmFvlEYtk 5 days ago
- It’s been a full but good Saturday. Saturday night is Booker’s......a four-finger pour. 5 days ago
- @LiamPaulCanning Hahaha 1 week ago
- RT @ScottTridge: COME AT THE KING... YOU BEST NOT MISS https://t.co/boWmZ6kPrV 1 week ago